Music I’m digging on at the moment:
- My own stuff, of course, since I’m recording my album.
- Bat For Lashes, Fur And Gold. Superb.
- Matthew Dear, Asa Breed. Also excellent, and similar to some of what I’m doing.
- The National, Boxer. I met a couple of these guys at SxSW 2004, and I’m delighted to see their star rising. This album is incredibly good. It’s serious music, which I prefer to the tongue-in-cheek shit. We get it, you don’t really mean it. The National does.
- Burial, Untrue. Didn’t like it much at first, but now I find myself going around singing the weird stretchy vocals from “Archangel” under my breath.
And not much else, frankly — not out of lack of love, but because I’m so focused on my own work right now.