Fucking ouch. Whilst working on my video installation for tomorrow’s First Friday show (you remember that, don’t you? And you’re coming? Awesome!), I stopped to make myself a soup ‘n’ sandwich. The making of the sandwich was uneventful as such things go — mayo, pickle loaf (don’t judge me), tomato, cheese, pickles, wheat bread.
But it was the clam chowder that done me wrong, for when I opened the microwave and went to stir the quite-hot chowder, something inside of it exploded and sprayed me down with boiling soup. Which is really surprisingly painful, particularly when you’re shirtless.
It’s funny. But now I have all these painful chowder burns on my chest and stomach and upper arms. It’s no less painful for being absurd.
Christ. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
Chowder burns were central to the plot of my CSI spec script.
I’m still waiting to hear back on that one…
New England or Manhattan?
Leave a comment